Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 16, 14, 08:31PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Moose Technical Questions
| | |-+  Beeping every 50 seconds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Beeping every 50 seconds  (Read 2875 times)
jonyskiw

« on: Jan 07, 11, 12:21PM »

I have experienced the same problem after installing a new battery. It worked fine for about 4 days then after performing its daily automatic battery check it now beeps every 50 seconds, except the beep sound comes from the ceiling sensor/speaker not the keypad. I have powered down the system twice for about 1 hour but the beep starts again and occurs every 50 seconds.
Why is this occurring?
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 11, 08:36AM »

Welcome to the forum.

Let us know the make/model of the device on the ceiling and we can move on from there.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time ...how are you ever going to find time to do it over?
jonyskiw

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 11, 11:54AM »

The Security System is a Moose Z1100e Security System Control with 8 zones. There are 3 keypads (all on the main level) and 3 ceiling smoke detectors (one on the main floor and 2 in the finished basement). Only the smoke detector on the main floor beeps every 50 seconds. Here are the markings:
Dicon Systems Ltd (Toronto, Canada)    330 SR 12/24 ionization type
12 or 24v AC/DC  145mA and a sticker with NP22
There are 3 LED lights lit (solid green, not flashing) on the keypads:
Power, Interior On, and Delay.
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 11, 12:22PM »

Try resetting the detector by pressing 7 + code (Smoke Reset and Battery Load Test).

Let us know the results.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time ...how are you ever going to find time to do it over?
jonyskiw

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 11, 05:22PM »

The reset has stopped the beep... had to do it twice, but it worked and has been silent ever since. Have to see what it does when the automatic battery check is performed tomorrow.
Thank you for the help
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 11, 05:37PM »

Good, glad that you got it.   Smiley

jonyskiw

« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 11, 08:20PM »

It seems my problem is back.
Ever since the daily battery check occurred earlier today a beeping sound  now comes from the ceiling sensor/speaker (smoke detector) every 50 seconds. I have tried several times to reset the 'smoke detector' by pressing 7 + code as per your previous instructions (on Jan. 10/11) but to no avail.
The Security System is a Moose Z1100e Security System Control with 8 zones. There are 3 keypads (all on the main level) and 3 ceiling smoke detectors (one on the main floor and 2 in the finished basement). Only the smoke detector on the main floor beeps every 50 seconds. Here are the markings:
Dicon Systems Ltd (Toronto, Canada)    330 SR 12/24 ionization type
12 or 24v AC/DC  145mA and a sticker with NP22
There are 3 LED lights lit (solid green, not flashing) on the keypads:
Power, Interior On, and Delay.
Any thought as to why this is occuring again.
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 11, 07:47PM »

That model smoke detector was discontinued some time ago.

Given that the detectors are probably the same vintage as the system and the fact that the detectors have a recommended useful life of 10 years, I'd recommend that you replace all three.

jonyskiw

« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 11, 10:33AM »

Where would I be able to acquire these replacement units... I am in Western Canada?
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 11, 11:08AM »

We can't tell you where you might be able to purchase locally; however, we sent you the forum's list of recommended online resellers of alarms and alarm related equipment.

The ESL 449CST or System Sensor 4WTABA would be my suggestions for replacements.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length