Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 18, 14, 03:22AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Ademco Technical Questions
| | |-+  Ademco Vista 4140XMP Troubleshooting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ademco Vista 4140XMP Troubleshooting  (Read 1106 times)
jacksonjd2

« on: Jan 20, 11, 01:15PM »

I am trying to troubleshoot  the 4140XMP system and I have everything working with the exception of 2 door alarms that are wired on the same zone. I can activate the system and all other door alarms and motion detectors are working and sounding the alarm. When I do arm the system it says it is armed with zone bypassed. I have reset back to default and reprogrammed master code with no sucess. When I check for zone faults it shows none. I have replaced the battery which was damaged and not working when I first started troubleshooting. When I disconnect the wires for the zone that isn't working I do get a Zone fault at the keypad. I can only assume that one or both switches for these doors are defective. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 11, 01:17PM by jacksonjd2 » Logged
Alarmtech
Security Professional

« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 11, 02:22PM »

Welcome to the forum.
Replace the contacts, they are welded.
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

Low Voltage Systems Integrator

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 11, 06:07PM »

Actually, I'd pull the contacts first, and then disconnect them at the contact and do a twist/open to make sure it's not the wire first.

Electronics usually don't work as intended once the magic smoke is released from them

I'd like to be called sir at least once without being followed with "you're making a scene"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length