Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 17, 14, 10:56PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  DSC Technical Questions
| | |-+  Security Stamp reset
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Security Stamp reset  (Read 1561 times)
iternalnetworks

« on: Jun 15, 11, 05:41PM »

I provide IT support services to a company that has a DSC system installed with DLS 2002 software. We have the password to get into the software, however nobody knows the security stamp to be able to do anything else. The company that installed the system is out of business and DSC tech support doesn't seem to want to help unless we are authorized resellers/installers. I have no desire to become a reseller for them in order to get the help we need. I was told by one person that if we could get tech support to help, we could possible send them the files and they could reset the security stamp without wiping out the settings. Has anyone else heard this or been able to get that done? I'm a little frustrated (as is my client) at the lack of help from DSC. Does anyone know of any DSC resellers that could assist in Arizona with this problem? We would rather not have to reprogram the entire system, plus I'm not exactly sure how. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Mike
Ken_in_Pittsburgh
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 11, 09:05PM »

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

I understand your frustration. There are a couple of things you should know. First, DSC, like all major alarm manufacturers, makes equipment for professional installers, period; they do not deal with consumers. Second, this business is all about security; the security stamp is there for a reason. I've not heard of anyone offering to get around the stamp (although that doesn't mean such a service doesn't exist).

That said, you may have some options. You said you have the DLS password; do you have the Installer's Code for the system? What is the model number of the system? What is the model of the keypad(s)? How big is the system (app. how many doors, windows, motion sensors, etc.)? The more you can tell us, the better the chances that we can help.

--Ken

Dickens was paid by the word; I just can't stop myself.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length