Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 21, 14, 09:59AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  ITI and GE Technical Questions
| | |-+  GE Security System Trouble Beeps.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GE Security System Trouble Beeps.  (Read 3182 times)
pgallett

« on: Jul 07, 11, 09:22PM »

I recently moved to a new house that came with a GE security system, I believe the keypad is the Concord model (no manuals or documentation). It's currently not being monitored, but otherwise seems operational.

Recently I've been getting the trouble beeps related to the AC power and the phone failure (we have no active phone line or monitoring, hence why it fails) in the middle of the night.

I'd like to know how to disable or permanently silence the trouble beeps. I don't have much interest in replacing the bad battery and if it comes down to it would probably unplug the system outright if I can't solve the beep issue. However,  I do love the chime feature though with little kids in the house and the option to arm the system if we ever had to, so I'd like to keep it operational.

I can temporarily silence the system by hitting the * to check status, but that only seems to hush it for a few hours (or maybe its coincidence?)

Any ideas on how to silence or disable the trouble beeps?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ABLE1
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 11, 05:00PM »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I am not that familiar with the Concord so I will not be trying to assist it all aspects of your questions. 

First let me say that a security system such as the Concord is designed to operate as long as it has AC power.  The battery is there to keep the panel operation going in the event that AC power is lost.  Therefore the panel needs to report a battery issue to alert the user of a trouble.  A low, dead or removed battery is not designed to be normal thus it will stay in trouble until satisfied by having a good battery installed.

If you want the battery trouble to stop install a new battery.

As for how to disable the phone line issue you would have to get into programming.  This will require the installer code, program manual and some skills as to how and what to change.  I personally cannot help you with that.

ABLE1

Always looking up!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length