Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 23, 14, 09:51AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  DSC Technical Questions
| | |-+  PC 1832 arming issue "secure system before arming.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PC 1832 arming issue "secure system before arming.  (Read 1949 times)
mm123

« on: Jul 14, 11, 10:53AM »

Thanks for any help an advance!

I am currently installing my fourth dsc system in a home, not for profit, all for those I know.

I am currently installing a PC1832 with a PK5500 and an RFK5500. I have thought I did all programming correctly. I am using all 8 zones, went to *8. 001, and coded each of the 8 zones. I set the time and date correctly. I also turned off the phone monitor option in section 015 #7.

When I go to arm system it shows the "secure system before arming" statement. When I press *2 to check zones, it shows all 8 zones but does not state anything else. should it say either open or closed? Does this mean maybe it can't ready any of them? I did put resistors on the common of each zone.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks so much.

Edit: Merge posts

It has only been 2 hours since I posted my question.

I just wanted people to know, it appears we solved the issue. We took the old system offline to replace it with our newer system. The old system was installed by a big alarm company years ago that we had been paying a monthly fee on.

After trying multiple attempt to correct our "secure system before arming" issue, we dug a door contact out of the wall and found another resistor behind the contact. Removing the extra resistor hidden in the walls on each zone seems to have corrected the issue.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 11, 01:56PM by admin » Logged
Ken_in_Pittsburgh
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 11, 02:59PM »

Good work!

--Ken

Dickens was paid by the word; I just can't stop myself.
Smagee

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 13, 01:38AM »

Hi there I also have the secure system before arming issue. Driving me crazy. My alexor system is all wireless. No door or window sensors. Only wireless motion detectors and smoke alarm. Monitored by A*T Security. Brisbane.
I don't know the installer code. 5555 doesn't work.
All this problem started after replacing battery in wireless siren.
It was done correctly and have made sure switch in siren is working and cover replaced right.
It always says the secure system before arming.
I thought the battery was flat in main panel as no lights when power disconnected.
I did a reset by disconnecting battery and power off on.
Said ready to arm. But after a minute or so said secure system before arming again.
Any help appreciated.
brandonlive

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 13, 07:53AM »

When the keypad displays "secure system before arming," press one of the arrow keys (< >) to scroll through the open zones.  What does it say?
northernking

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 13, 04:52AM »

Hi I'm also having the same problem when installing new DSC 1864 (RFK5500) to replace an Ademco Optima system here in the uk. I have removed all the zones except Front Door to debug this is normally closed sensor. When trying to get into *8 tp program I get Function not available. The old system worked beautifully before changing out just wanted an upto date one to connect to Home Automation. Sny suggestions
David
tysound

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 13, 12:59PM »

I am having the same problem with system not arming. I bought this home with this security system and have never used it. I had a room remodeled and the back door sensor wire was cut and I want to bypass this zone. I did the bypass on the keypad but the green light still does not come on and let me arm the system. I used the installers code and bypassed that zone but still will not arm now it shows all zones open. Should I remove the wires of backdoor zone from panel?
blakem

« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 13, 06:38AM »

I am having the same problem with system not arming. I bought this home with this security system and have never used it. I had a room remodeled and the back door sensor wire was cut and I want to bypass this zone. I did the bypass on the keypad but the green light still does not come on and let me arm the system. I used the installers code and bypassed that zone but still will not arm now it shows all zones open. Should I remove the wires of backdoor zone from panel?

Well all you probably needed to do after cutting the wire was to terminate the two wires together to complete the loop as the original door contact did.  This would act as a permanent backup without having to modify the alarm programming.  Now that you modified the programming and all the zones show open I'm not sure.  What exactly did you change in the installer programming?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length