Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 14, 08:53AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Related Systems
| |-+  Fire Alarm Systems
| | |-+  EST Quickstart dialer problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EST Quickstart dialer problem  (Read 2029 times)
pleeka
Security Professional

« on: Sep 16, 11, 04:36PM »

Is there a way to make the EST Quickstart "blind" dial?  Telco has changed something outside the protected premise, and now the line voltage drops to 6-8 volts when the panel goes off hook. The Quickstart needs at least 10 volts to be able to recognize dial tone.  I'd like to just force the panel to dial, whether it detects dial tone or not.
rcifire
Security Professional

« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 11, 11:04AM »

I looked in the manual I have and could not find anywhere to skip "dial tone detection".

Did they switch your lines from analog to digital? Or any switch gear?

I have never been able to get a dialer to work on digital lines and believe that all manufacturers are saying analog only.

Also, some of the newer switch gear that is being used is not sensitive/quick enough to get the dialer string.  I recently had a large city customer switch their system and half of the dialer started comm faulting.  Just so happens that they were on different types of switch gear and once changed everything worked fine.

Good Luck!
pleeka
Security Professional

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 11, 11:14AM »

Thanks for the reply, although it's not quite the one I was hoping for.

I spoke with the telco technician while he was on-site, and he verified my findings.  He also went to the pedestal serving the businesses in the immediate vicinity and found the readings to be virtually identical for all the lines there.  He doesn't know what was changed during the recent scheduled service, and has turned the trouble over to his central office for further investigation.  Now I'm waiting on a call from the central office technician to see if they have a solution.

So, failing to find a way to make the panel "blind" dial, it looks like the customer will need to have the added expense of an external dialer.
rcifire
Security Professional

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 11, 12:41PM »

I am not so sure that that will solve the issue....maybe only mask it.

Manufacturers don't typically "reinvent-the-wheel" for industry standard EXTERNAL type equipment.

Congratulations on finding a phone co/technician agree that the issue is on their end and you are not SOL.  My condolences on having to wait for a resolution from their end though!  Smiley

Good Luck!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length