Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 23, 14, 06:14PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  DSC Technical Questions
| | |-+  reset alarm systems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: reset alarm systems  (Read 890 times)
sparky10

« on: Sep 28, 11, 03:37PM »

I stopped using A*T to save money but I set the alarm off the other day and put in the wrong code in a hurry.  Now the alarm wont disarm itself.  I had to disconnect the siren to keep it from going off all day long.  The keypad shows the red alarm light, the trouble light and zone 3.  I've tried following the directions to reset the system to no avail.  I turned off the main power and disconneted the battery back up then turned power back on and connected battery - still no good.
Ken_in_Pittsburgh
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 11, 04:59PM »

Welcome to the forum.

Entering the wrong code won't prevent the correct code from working again. Try hitting the # before entering your code ( to clear anything you may have left in there).

--Ken

Dickens was paid by the word; I just can't stop myself.
dilligaff
Security Professional

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 11, 10:59AM »

DSC does have a keypad lock out option. It is set in programming section 012 in the 1616-1832 manual. for other panels I'm not sure where this option is programmed in the 5010 and 1555.

The difference between GOD and the FIRE MARSHALL is that GOD does not think that he is the FIRE MARSHALL

Before all else fails READ THE DIRECTIONS!!
Airdorn

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 11, 05:11PM »

Sounds like you're using the wrong code. Try using the right code.

tscoe
Security Professional

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 11, 05:47PM »

DSC does have a keypad lock out option. It is set in programming section 012 in the 1616-1832 manual. for other panels I'm not sure where this option is programmed in the 5010 and 1555.

It is the same section

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length