Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 18, 14, 11:37PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Related Systems
| |-+  Home Automation - Cross-Platforms
| | |-+  zwave thermostat issues. Need ideas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: zwave thermostat issues. Need ideas  (Read 11775 times)
watson 29

« on: Feb 07, 12, 07:26PM »

Hey guys. Did an install at a customer's house who has a z-wave door lock and a ct30 thermostat, or zstat, or 2gig thermostat, or whatever you wanna call it.  Panel is a Concord 4, with landline with a Zwave GSM for back up through a|arm.c0m. The stat is a 4 wire with batteries, no a/c. Everything learned in fine and customer was very happy for the first week. Now, he's starting to get intermittent "malfunctions" that don't seem to be related to any activity. I've been in touch with techsupport for the stat manufacture and a|arm.c0m and both were about equally worthless, both suggesting to delete and relearn it once a week. The worst part is, there's no way for me to find out what the malfunction is. The GSM is getting about 4-5 flashes from the signal led and is about 20ft from the stat, so range and signal strength shouldn't be the issue. Does anyone have any idea of what the malfunction could be or who would/might know that I can get in touch with. Thanks in advanced.
watson 29

« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 12, 03:56PM »

Turns out the power supply for the gsm was causing interference. power supply removed, problem solved.
TechnicianG

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 14, 01:24AM »

where did you get the tstat power from? i have it wired into the ac voltage on the mother board of the furnacce but it only gets power triggered on when the furnace kicks on. so the tstat runs on the 3double a batteries for stand by. but needs to replace batterys within 2weeks.  so i will hard wire in an source tomorrow, but in mean time, the zigbee app im using from |pdatatel is intermitant on my phone for conecting... so its hit or mis, and the tstat is only 20 ft alway from router gateway. i will check that power supply since reading your post. thnxs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length