Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 18, 14, 05:53AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Ademco Technical Questions
| | |-+  Configuring a Vista 20P and GSMV
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Configuring a Vista 20P and GSMV  (Read 1005 times)
dovop

« on: Feb 08, 12, 07:14PM »

I've installed a new Vista 20P and GSMV.  The system works OK on my end (when I violate a zone the alarm sounds) but the monitoring company is not receiving an event signal (using an ADEMCO cellular GSMV).

The GSMV is registered (no green LED) and it is receiving a very strong signal (all signal LED's are on.)
When I re-register it (by pressing the tamper button 3 times) the monitoring company receives the registration message so I know they are communicating.
The Yellow message LED flashes about once a second. (I don't know if that considered the 'Quick Periodic Blink' which means Normal, or 'Fast Blink' which means a message is waiting for network ACK.)

I'm new to this so it's probably a setting I missed or did wrong.  Here's the data field programming I've done so far (all settings are at default with these exceptions:

*29 - Changed to 1 (to enable the GSMV)
*55 - Changed to 1 (long range radio)
*56 - Zone Programming
          Zn   ZT   P   RC   HW:RT
          01   00   1   10   EL:1 (not used)
          02   01   1   12   EL:1 (Front Door)
          03   04   1   13   EL:1 (front motion sensor)
          04   03   1   14   EL:1 (back motion sensor
          05   03   1   15   EL:1 (side door)
          06   03   1   16   EL:1 (back door)

I wanted a second method of being notified of an error so I'm using the pager feature.  It works well for my purposes.
*160 - I entered my cell phone # in place of a pager #
*162 - 4 (so I only get paged if there is trouble)

Am I missing something to keep it from sending a signal through the cellular gsmv?

Also, should I populate field 80 and 81 (output programming menu mode and Zone list programming menu mode?)

Thanks for any input.
Fishlips25
Security Professional

Ademco,Dsc,Napco,Dmp

« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 12, 09:16PM »

Try setting off the alarm and then quickly checking the radio. When the alarm goes off the yellow light on the radio will go solid for a few seconds and then it will begin to flash rapidly. When done it will go back to flashing once a second.

Alarm Technician
dovop

« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 12, 01:34PM »

I had someone trigger the alarm while i watched the LED's.  No change.  The yellow led just continued to flash at the same rate.
Alarmtech
Security Professional

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 12, 02:58PM »

I believe you will need to let the alarm go for atleast the amount of time in location *50, otherwise transmission will be aborted.
dovop

« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 12, 04:23PM »

Brilliant! That was it.  I didn't realize that by default the 20p has a 30 second dialer delay.  I was shutting it off too soon.  I changed *50 to 0 and all problems solved

Thanks AlarmTech and Fishlips25.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length