Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 18, 14, 04:00PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Ademco Technical Questions
| | |-+  Can't fix code 100 "check RF"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can't fix code 100 "check RF"  (Read 1683 times)
noah977

« on: Jul 24, 12, 09:44AM »

Hello,

Need some help from the group.

The short version:
Vista 15P
6150RF keypad

Getting an error of "91" flashing.

Borrowed a 6160 keypad and see that the error is a "check RF receiver". 

My ONLY RF receiver is in the 6150RF keypad.

A friend tried to change some programming previously, so probably changed some setting that is causing the system to look for a receiver that doesn't exist.

The system has 4 wireless door sensors and 2 motion detectors.  Everything works.  A walk test is perfect.  However, I keep getting the RF receiver error.

Tried a different 6150RF keypad to see if that was the problem.  Didn't help - same error.

Where can I look to find/fix this configuration issue??

Thank You!!
BuddyBoy

« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 12, 06:45AM »

Have you confirmed that the ONLY wireless sensors programmed into the system are the six which are active and working now?  It might mean that there is a sensor programmed into the panel which it has not heard from in too long (I think that causes code 100 but I'm not 100% sure).
noah977

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 12, 07:33AM »

Last night, out of frustration, I did a factory reset on the system.  This evening, I'll work through re-programming in the six sensors. 

It is the "long way" around, but will hopefully resolve my issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.
noah977

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 12, 10:12AM »

I have an older Vista 15P in my house.  Haven't used it in a long time, but decided to get it going again. 

I was getting a "check 100 RF" error no matter what I did.  So, I started with the following steps

1) Factory reset of system

2) New 6150RF keypad (Set to id 16)

3) Borrowed 6160 keypad for programming (Set to id 17, and activated in field 190)

4) New batteries in all the wireless sensors.  (House is only wireless, no hard-wired sensors)

5) Field 24 is set to 00

I then programmed ONE wireless door receiver.  Used the "Xmit to confirm" option and it all looked perfect.  I'm able to turn on the "chime" function and it does work perfectly.  However, I'm still getting the check 100 warning.  A full power cycle, etc. does not remove the warning.

Next, I deleted that zone.  So there are NO active zones in the system.  (Literally went through them all in the *58 menu.)  Full power cycle, and still a check 100 code!!!  I tried swapping out the 6150RF for a second uint borrowed from a friend.  Still a check 100 code..

Not sure what to do next.

- Don't think it is the programming, since all was factory reset. 

- Don't think it is the 6150RF keypad, since I get the same error on both. 

- Don't think it is a sensor since I removed them all from the system.

Help???
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

Low Voltage Systems Integrator

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 12, 12:22PM »

Does the system see any RF receiver activity/faults in go-no go mode or what?

100 is a RF receiver fail, so unless an address conflict exists (or RF doesn't work at all) sounds like a receiver failure...the system won't report a problem that doesn't exist on the data bus.

Electronics usually don't work as intended once the magic smoke is released from them

I'd like to be called sir at least once without being followed with "you're making a scene"
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 12, 12:27PM »

Sounds like the RF settings on the keypad were tweaked.

Electronics usually don't work as intended once the magic smoke is released from them

I'd like to be called sir at least once without being followed with "you're making a scene"
noah977

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 12, 04:25PM »

I wonder if something is set wrong in the 6150RF keypad.

As I wrote above, the actual door sensor works fine.  The system will "chime" and doesn't show any faults for that sensor. 

What is odd is that everything works perfectly, there really isn't a problem, but I keep getting the check 100 error

I reset the 6150RF keypad back to factory default, and then just changed the keypad ID to 16.  (RF receive and transmit are on by default.)

Do I need to set anything else on the keypad?
noah977

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 12, 04:25PM »

That would make sense.

I reset the 6150RF keypad back to factory default, and then just changed the keypad ID to 16.  (RF receive and transmit are on by default.)

Do I need to set anything else?
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 12, 01:35AM »

Should be it.

RF rcvr should be addressed at 00, not sure if default, and I want to say TM is 28

noah977

« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 12, 10:22AM »

I'm not sure what you mean by "TM is 28". 

The TM field is just a 1 or 0

Thanks!!
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #10 on: Jul 29, 12, 03:01PM »

The integral 5800TM in the keypad needs to be address 28. The 1 or 0 selects 28 or 29, I don't have the docs in front of me to tell you which is which.

noah977

« Reply #11 on: Jul 29, 12, 08:36PM »

Still get that error.  Nothing seems to correct it.

Anybody interested in doing a phone consult?  I'll pay for your time.
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #12 on: Jul 30, 12, 03:07PM »

If you dumped the panel, tried another known good receiver, then the last item in the equation would be the panel, assuming that a standard receiver instead of a keypad integrated unit were tried as well.

Fishlips25
Security Professional

Ademco,Dsc,Napco,Dmp

« Reply #13 on: Jul 30, 12, 03:57PM »

Could it possibly be an rf jam detection? Maybe something like a wireless router or some ghost signal is blocking the receiver and transmitters. If you can maybe connect the 6150rf directly to the control board with a short wire and see if the issue clears with the receiver being in a different location.

Alarm Technician
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length