Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 14, 06:31PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  DSC Technical Questions
| | |-+  TL-150
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TL-150  (Read 1728 times)
Felix

« on: Apr 18, 07, 09:38AM »

Re TL-150 ? 

OPTION A :
I have a Power Series 832 with PC5010 with no PC Link.  Will the TL-150 do the job for IP, Internet and Email connection.  I see in the TL-250 installation manual that the 250 can send email but I cannot find any documents of that detail for the TL-150.

OPTION B :
Unless I change my board to PC5020 and buy a TL-250, which option would you suggest ?

Thanks
Felix
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 07, 03:18PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The TL-150 will do the job of IP reporting but will not send email notifications.

Unless you are planning an update/upgrade, I would suggest keeping the 5010, adding the TL-150 and having the CS send the email.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time ...how are you ever going to find time to do it over?
Felix

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 07, 03:41PM »

My system operate on a stand-alone basis therefore there is no CS involved.

Can I check the DSC system status trough an internet access based on a TL-150 hooked-up to my DSL modem (with a router) ?
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 07, 05:02PM »

No, the TL-150 will not do what you want.  It is designed to provide IP Reporting to a CS.

As you noted, the 250 will send email notification; however, it will require upgrading to a 5020.  Additionally, the 250 requires special software to configure it for email and its installation is best left to a professional.

You could add a dialer to your 5010 but consider that professional monitoring can be had for as little as $9 a month and could qualify for a discount on your insurance.       

If you don't have time to do it right the first time ...how are you ever going to find time to do it over?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length