Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 16, 14, 05:46PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Napco Technical Questions
| | |-+  Napco XP-600 needs to be reset
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Napco XP-600 needs to be reset  (Read 1880 times)
dr6837

« on: Nov 27, 07, 09:52PM »

I purchased a near new home that had this system in place.  The code provided with the manual would not arm/disarm the system.  The installation/monitoring company which installed the system will not come out to reset the system even though I told them I expected to pay for their time!  I paid to have another reputable company come out but they did not have the security code for the installers(nor would they call them back).  Is there another system I could install to reuse the local bell, 6 zones and two remote keypads, all hardwired?  It would cost me almost $500 to have the Napco main board replaced and installed by the company that came out?  I found the Napco installation and programming manuals and see that I need software and a dealer code.  As for technical ability, I'm an old USN electrician so pretty comfortable around wiring and basic diagrams.  Thanks for any input!
elite security

« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 08, 05:17AM »

you can get anew gem p 800, keypad, battery, motion kit for $100.00 and do it yourself. these panels are very easy to program
dr6837

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 08, 08:02AM »

Thanks!  I'll check it out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length