Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 14, 01:43PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  DSC Technical Questions
| | |-+  DSC PC1555 New Homeowner Master Code Reset
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DSC PC1555 New Homeowner Master Code Reset  (Read 11211 times)
mel4usa

« on: Jun 21, 08, 05:19PM »

I purchased a home with a DSC PC1555 with a PC5508EZ.
The seller did not provide the master code. How can this be reset to allow setup of new codes. No monitoring us being used currently. For time being system will be used without monitoring. Need to change codes to protect from someone with knowledge of old codes.
Ken_in_Pittsburgh
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 08, 10:25PM »

Welcome to the forum.

There might be an easy solution for this, IF the Installer's Code was not changed from the default of 5555. Let's find out. Enter   *8   5555 and see what happens. If you get a single long tone, then the Installer's Code has been changed from the default, and we'll have to try something else. If you get a quick series of short beeps, and the "Program" light flashes and the "Armed" light comes on, then you have successfully entered Installer's Programming. If this happens, press # # to exit programming, then post back, and we'll go from there.

--Ken

Dickens was paid by the word; I just can't stop myself.
mel4usa

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 08, 08:08AM »

Ken,
I had actually spent quite a while looking through other peoples questions on the forum and had seen exactly what you suggested. It was very helpfull looking but it did not work. When I try *8 5555 I get a long beep and then it returns to ready after a little while. I also was able to print the intallation manual from the site. I read thru many part of the manual and was hoping not to have return the unit to "default" settings. I found A*T signs in the garage and hope that it is not locked out as I read in the forum that A*T sometimes has done this. Is there anything alse that can be checked?
I am not experienced with home alarms. I have wired many commercial security doors openings ( magnetic locks, keypads, power supplies etc.) but not home alarms. By looking in the panel it does not seem too dificult. I am only worried about what seems to be some "programming" in the manual. I would be more than willing to learn and take a shot at it (with some help). The systems seems very basic. It only has 4 zones. 1 and 2 are front and garage entry doors, 3 is sliding back door and 4 is an inside living room motion. 
Thank you,
Mel
P.S. The forum has  been very informative and it is great to find a place to obtain help.
Ken_in_Pittsburgh
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 08, 08:34AM »

Mel,

The signs in the garage do not make me hopeful. Even if the panel is not locked out, there are likely some programming items that are specifically tied to the installation company that would make reprogramming very difficult. My suggestion is this: for about fifty bucks, you can get a new PC1616 panel (the replacement for the 1555). With your background, swapping the panels will be a walk in the park, and we'll gladly help you with the relatively small amount of programming you'll need to do.

--Ken

mel4usa

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 08, 09:07AM »

Ken,
Thank You!
That sounds like great advice and it would start me out with a new  system also. I will definitely look into it. I think I will also then upgrade and add more zones for windows and psossibly a smoke detector.
Since its  a vacation home - I would not upgrade for about 3 months since that is the next time I will be here.
I will have some time to plan for it.
Can I reach out for help when I start putting together all the components?

Mel
Ken_in_Pittsburgh
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 08, 10:10AM »

Mel,

Can I reach out for help when I start putting together all the components?

I'd be disappointed if you didn't!  Wink

--Ken

anthonycasta

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23, 08, 11:07AM »

If it is actually an A*T panel, you should try using xxxx as the installers code .. I recently bought a panel that was A*T and that number worked, recommended from the person that I bought it from so I'm not sure if that is their standard panel access code or what he changed it to...

Give it a try ...

Edit company code
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 10, 08:22AM by admin » Logged
mel4usa

« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 08, 09:56PM »

I will read the manual again to remember how to set up new user codes.
Thanks for the help.
Mel
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 10, 08:23AM by admin » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length