Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 14, 06:31PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Related Systems
| |-+  Home Automation - Cross-Platforms
| | |-+  serial connection to NX-8E message format
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: serial connection to NX-8E message format  (Read 4121 times)
loopcheck

« on: Oct 05, 09, 07:30PM »

Hello,

Can anyone give me a hint on what this serial port message from my NX-8E means?

I read it through hyperterminal.

0986002000084001008079A2

I have a copy of the NX-584 gateway interface protocol, but I'm still having trouble making sense of it.

Also, why doesn't the message change?  I armed, disarmed, and triggerred a few sensors but the message never changed.

Here is how I configured locations 207-211 (from the linuxmce website):

Location 207 segment 1 = 1
Location 208 segment 1 = 3 (for 19200 baud rate which is set for the GC100)
Location 209 segment 1 = 1 (for ASCII)
Location 210 segment 2 = 1, 2
Location 211 segment 1 = 2, 5, 6, 7
Location 211 segment 2 = 1
Location 211 segment 3 = 1, 2
Location 211 segment 4 = 6, 7, 8 Shocked
ABLE1
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 09, 07:50PM »

Hi,

Post your question here: http://www.diyalarmforum.com/board/index.php?board=32.0

Or you may want to contact a board that specializes on home automation interfaces.

Good luck,

ABLE1

Edit: repair link
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 09, 05:21PM by admin » Logged

Always looking up!!
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 09, 06:09PM »

ABLE1 probably gave the best suggestion on the subject; you may find what you are looking for on the automation software website.

The best I can offer are a couple of general comments and suggestions that might help point you in the right direction:

Make sure that you are using the cable and connections recommended by the manufacture (if I recall correctly, that would be a P0003 cable and a null modem cable for the NX-8E).

Hyper Terminal is of limited use unless you are developing your own interface software.  Many serial interface modules will broadcast a panel ID (or some combination of ID and date/time) until they are queried or polled.  Have you tried sending a command or query?

Your programming looks OK but I seem to remember something about a programming change for late (recent) firmware versions.

Again, these are just general information type comments that apply to some of the serial interface modules that we employ.  The forum doesn't attempt to support any HA software / hardware as this is a highly specialized area and most have product support sites.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time ...how are you ever going to find time to do it over?
alarmist

« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 09, 11:36AM »

You need to capture the data while the panel is talking to something, like the DL900 software. For that, you need a serial port data logger. This one should work.

I've not tried this, so YMMV.

Google TeraTerm for a terminal program better than HyperJunk. Last time I looked, there was a free version.

Edit link
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 09, 11:47AM by admin » Logged
loopcheck

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 09, 09:27PM »

I appreciate your help guys.  I will do a little more homework and mess with the dl9000 and I'll post my results soon!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length