Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 14, 06:45PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Ademco Technical Questions
| | |-+  APEX Destiny 6100 Programming
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: APEX Destiny 6100 Programming  (Read 3785 times)
ziggy

« on: Jul 06, 06, 05:22PM »

I am trying to program my system to work with a monitoring service. I know I have successfully changed the phone number and the account code because the service says they received a message from me. Unfortunately, they say my system did not send any valid signals. I am supposed to be transmitting in the 4-digit Contact ID format.

I can successfully enter the programming mode. The manual says that the "Phone #1 Format" is located at program location 440. Here is the inconsistency. The system seems to require 4-digit program locations; it won't respond to just 3 digits. By having the system speak many of the codes, I _think_ I am supposed to put the code in as 0440. The original code in this location was 002. Here are the codes the location is supposed to take:

Reporting formats
------------------------
3/1.......................................000
4/2.......................................001
4/2 extended w/ zone ID...........002
4/1/1....................................004
Ademco Contact-ID.................008

So I punched in 0440008. Now location 0440 reports that it contains 008. My question is "Did I really use the right location by punching in 0440?"

Note that I have a POTS line hooked up and things were working with my old monitoring service. Any other ideas about what the issue could be? Is 4-digit Contact ID (monitoring co. description) the same as Ademco Contact-ID (Apex manual description)? Did the previous installer override the report codes to use the 4/2 extended?

Thanks a lot for any guidance you can offer.
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

Low Voltage Systems Integrator

« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 06, 10:15PM »

I'd have to take a look at an Apex manual, since it's been a while for me, however first:

It would be benefitial to know what format the system was communicating in prior, without that, it'll be setting up the report codes and enabling reporting for functions. From memory, the Apex unit has quite a few fields that need to be set up for CID communication, as well as matching the CS template.

CID is universal in what it transmits, however getting a non "Ademco" control to transmit the information as intended is another affair  Cool

4 digit CID means to me that the account is 4 digits long, CID format, however your mileage may vary.

Electronics usually don't work as intended once the magic smoke is released from them

I'd like to be called sir at least once without being followed with "you're making a scene"
itsbeebingfornoreason

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 07, 12:59PM »

there is a sopt in programing where you program in  report codes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length