Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 17, 14, 05:08PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Ademco Technical Questions
| | |-+  Help on First Alert FA142C Security System
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help on First Alert FA142C Security System  (Read 2473 times)
bcj

« on: Jul 15, 06, 09:42AM »

I moved to new house installed with FA142C and not monitored. System is disarmed and only Chimes for local faults. Recently it started beeping continuously at least 2 times in a day and 2 times in night and stops on pressing any button. Disply is changing between 10, Check,Chime,AC and AC,NOT Ready,Chime, BAT. I don't have Master Code and unable to find solution. Battery in panel as well as remote sensor on Patio Door seems to be OK.
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

Low Voltage Systems Integrator

« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 06, 09:16PM »

seems you have a bad battery in the device programmed as zone 10, which needs to be replaced. The check, most likely, alludes to you removing the cover from the wireless device (tamper condition).

You will need the master code to reset/restore the trouble conditions after replacing the battery.

Barring the maintenance, your other option would be to power the system down and disregard it's use.

Electronics usually don't work as intended once the magic smoke is released from them

I'd like to be called sir at least once without being followed with "you're making a scene"
bcj

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 06, 08:54AM »

Thanks for quick response. I removed AC from panel first and measured accross panel battery terminals - it is 9.3 V and screen is blank. This tells me system battery is also dead (Not sure if 9 V is OK as Battery is 12V). I will try to change this battery first. I am unable to figure out what device is Zone 10, so  I will open all one by one and replace battery.

Is it possible to reset/get Master Code to manage this system. Can I follow one of the existing postings for resetting code for this device too ? Kindly advise.
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 06, 12:25PM »

Sounds like you have a bunch of maintenance to do.

Your panel battery is shot, It shouldn't read less than 12V, and I'd assume that you have a device with a low battery as well.

I believe the FA 142 is essentially a rebadged V-15P, but since I'm not a FA dealer, I can't give you an exact answer. The procedure posted in the sticky should provide you a point to go work from.

Electronics usually don't work as intended once the magic smoke is released from them

I'd like to be called sir at least once without being followed with "you're making a scene"
Michialt

« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 06, 09:24AM »

Sounds like you have a bunch of maintenance to do.

Your panel battery is shot, It shouldn't read less than 12V, and I'd assume that you have a device with a low battery as well.

I believe the FA 142 is essentially a rebadged V-15P, but since I'm not a FA dealer, I can't give you an exact answer. The procedure posted in the sticky should provide you a point to go work from.

Hi there...just read your response on this 142C model and I have the same issue.  I just moved into a house here and it has the 142C system installed, but there was no knowledge transfer due to the way the original owner died.  Botton line, I have no way to program my system short of calling a shop.  I do not have the master code.  I must start with creating a new master code, then with the user guide I downloaded I can go from there.  Can you help?  Thanx  MichialT
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 06, 05:40PM »

Take a peek at the sticky in the forum's topic, it should contain a bunch of information of interest  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length