Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 17, 14, 05:08PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  ITI and GE Technical Questions
| | |-+  Simon XT programming
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Simon XT programming  (Read 2871 times)
stevebrtx

« on: Aug 24, 09, 08:20AM »

In the Installers manual table 4 lists a "Delay" column with "I, F & S" with I as "Intrusion" what are the F & S characteristics?

I'm using a GE PIR programmed in Group 13, in a Disarmed mode it does not Chime, I have 3 Optex sensors that do Chime which is preferrable, why does the PIR not Chime?

I have an outdoor siren, when I Arm the system it "beeps" for a minute - if I hit Silent exit I still get a beginning and ending beep. Is there any way to kill all "arming" beeps outside, it's a nuisance at night, I have all sensors programmed Instant no delay.
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 09, 04:30PM »

Welcome to the forum.

I = Instant, S = Standard delay, F = Follower (as in Interior Follower).

Chime is a function of Zone Type; check the Type settings of your Optex sensors.  Interior Type zones do not chime (it would drive people crazy if system chimed every time someone walked past a motion). 

Assuming the siren is connected to I/O, programming is under System Options (Table 22).  If I remember correctly, choices are limited and you may have to trade one nuisance for another.  I think Option 5 will silence the squawk; however, it might also remove the Timeout (will sound until disarmed).   Not sure but I think this is the case, try it, check for yourself and decide what works for your situation.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time ...how are you ever going to find time to do it over?
stevebrtx

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 09, 05:02PM »

Many thanks, I managed to misread the HW options and #5 is exactly what I need, you've also answered the others. I've moved everything into group 13 so they have instant alarm. The PIR I'm using is an interior unit even though it's outside on a covered terraza (I'm in MX, where it doesn't rain for 8 months) I'll have to think my way through that one, but it's the least concern. The Optex units are driven by NX-650 door sensors so that explains why they chime.

BTW the Optex are BX-80NR with NX-650 transmitters and extremely impressive in performance. Our houses here are all brick, concrete and steel so there is always a transmission concern when running anything wireless.
Old EW Tech
Tech Advisor/Moderator

40 yrs. in system design

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 09, 05:18PM »

Sounds like you've got it covered Steve.   Smiley

If you don't have time to do it right the first time ...how are you ever going to find time to do it over?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length