Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 17, 14, 05:27AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  DSC Technical Questions
| | |-+  Bell Circuit Trouble
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bell Circuit Trouble  (Read 1286 times)
tonysh

« on: Nov 01, 09, 05:46PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so bear with me.

I have DSC Power Series alarm system with LCD5501Z keypad. It started beeping about a week ago (every 10 sec). I was able to turn these beeps off and I thought it was time to replace the back up battery. I ordered a new battery, replaced it and the yellow trouble light was still on. I started digging a little deeper and after entering *2 and seeing 1 as a trouble code, I found out I could enter another '1' to narrow down the problem. After I entered '1' after *2, it gave me '2' which apparently means Bell Circuit Trouble.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? My alarm isn't hooked to the central station by the way.

TIA,

-Tony.
Fishlips25
Security Professional

Ademco,Dsc,Napco,Dmp

« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 09, 10:02PM »

Hey first timer welcome :)Bell trouble means that it is having trouble sensing that the siren is connected. Check the terminals that say bell input in the panel to make sure they are not loose. Do the same with the connections at the siren(s) Good luck

Alarm Technician
Eric In Texas
Security Professional

« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 09, 11:38PM »

Also, if there happens to be no siren in place, or if the siren, or wire is bad for some reason, you can take care of this by placing a 1k ohm resistor across the bell terminals in the panel until you want to tackle the repair.

Eric

- Eric -
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length