Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 18, 14, 01:30PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  DSC Technical Questions
| | |-+  DSC PC5010 Master Code
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DSC PC5010 Master Code  (Read 9749 times)
dannom

« on: Nov 05, 09, 07:29AM »

Hi There,

I'm another sap who just moved into a house and I do not have the master code for my system. My system is - DSC 832, and I have a 5501Z keypad.

So if I understand right, I should cross my fingers a pray that the installer did not change the installer code?

I should enter *8 5010, and hope to hear several quick beeps. If I do .. then what? How do I change the master code?

Otherwise, if I enter *8 5010 and hear a single, long tone, then I don't know the installer code, and I'm raelly screwed. Sad Except to reset the entire system, in which case I probably have to reprogram everything? And I'm only guessing that I'm probably too stupid to figure that out. Sad Any other options? Thanks.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 09, 09:11AM by admin » Logged
Fishlips25
Security Professional

Ademco,Dsc,Napco,Dmp

« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 09, 08:29AM »

If you know the company that installed it they may come out and change it for you. You may have to pay a one time service fee. Or maybe you can find out there installer code from searching on the web. You may have to default the panel to get the master.

Alarm Technician
dannom

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 09, 08:34AM »

Thanks for the info. So if I could find the installer code (either from the web, company, etc), then how do I reset the master code? I push *5 xxxx (installer code)... then what?
Fishlips25
Security Professional

Ademco,Dsc,Napco,Dmp

« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 09, 08:38AM »

If you have the installer code you can change the master code through the installer programming. Follow these steps *8, installer code, 007 ,new master code,#. Remember all codes are 4 digits long. Good luck Wink

Alarm Technician
dannom

« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 09, 11:23AM »

Great, thanks for your help!

Now uh, suppose that some moron (okay, it was me) accidentally armed the system using the quick-arm (without knowing the code). I suppose that the *8 command does not work when the system is armed? So basically the only way to disarm it is to either find the master code, or else default the entire system?
Ken_in_Pittsburgh
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 09, 05:13PM »

You cannot enter Installer Programming (*8 ) while the system is armed. Your chances of stumbling upon the correct access code are, shall we say, rather slim. Grin   If you choose instead to default the system, you may want to look at the FAQ entitled "How To Program A DSC System".

--Ken

Dickens was paid by the word; I just can't stop myself.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length