Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 14, 11:10AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Ademco Technical Questions
| | |-+  replace Ademco 6128 keypad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: replace Ademco 6128 keypad  (Read 4842 times)
inet07

« on: Jan 18, 10, 11:58AM »

Hi,
I have an Ademco 6128 keypad with a Vista 10se box. The alarm is stuck in armed mode and I can't get any input when pressing the keys on the keypad. I'm guessing I should just replace the keypad with another 6128 found online.

I've seen that you get the code for addressing the new keypad by holding down the 3 and the 1 within 5 seconds of powering up but I can't get the code because the old keypad won't accept any input.

Is this going to be a problem when replacing with a new keypad? I've also seen that the default is 31 but my concern is, what if it isn't the default. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

astral voyage
Security Professional

NILAYA 2020

« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 10, 03:09PM »

before you try any replacement, i want you to try this:
1.power down the panel.
2.re-work the connections of the keypad with the panel. -ve of keypad to terminal 4 on the panel. +ve of keypad to 5. DI/G/green to 6. DO/Y/yellow to 7. make sure none of the wires are shorting out each other.
3. power up the panel with * and # held down, use ac first. if everything is good, this should take you in programming.
4. if you are in programming, check installer code by hitting #20. then come out of programming by hitting *99
5. out of programming, you will see panel will be disarmed. program yourself a master code by hitting <Installer code> + 82 + <new master code>

if all goes well then your panel is ready to go.

Ademco/FBII/OMNI/Intellisense/Alarmnet
inet07

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 10, 08:19PM »

Thanks for the advice. I connected everything then powered up. I held down the *# and got a flashing code 20 then entire lcd lettering lit up. Now screen shows NO AC with two right pointing arrows, one above the other.
astral voyage
Security Professional

NILAYA 2020

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 10, 08:27PM »

that looks like data corruption. try changing the wiring and see if it solves it, otherwise replace the keypad.

inet07

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 10, 08:51PM »

Thanks again for the reply. Change the wiring how?
astral voyage
Security Professional

NILAYA 2020

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 10, 08:54PM »

use a new set of wires to connect keypad to the panel.

inet07

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 10, 09:31PM »

Same result. One last thing, any advice on addressing the new keypad without being able to get the code with old keypad.
rvt
Security Professional

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 10, 10:25PM »

You should not need to address this panel because you cannot change it from 31, that being said  try only hooking up the positive  (red ) and negative (black )  to the key pad press 1+3 after power up your address should show up , hit 00 then 31  then  *  to  exit.   If you get a new keypad do this to program it to 31 , all vista 10, 20  I believe are non addressable panels default is 31 non adressable
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 10, 10:33PM by rvt » Logged
Security101
Tech Advisor/Moderator

Old Alarm Guy Honeywell Ademco Compass

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 10, 10:33PM »

If you get a new keypad do this to program it to 31 , all vista 10, 20  I believe are non addressable panels default is 31

You believe correctly  Wink

31 is what you need...

Jim

"It's a good time for BadGuys, and a bad time for GoodGuys" (Me)

Perseverance:  "Continuing in a course of action without regard to discouragement, opposition, or previous failure" (Will Smith)
inet07

« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 10, 06:32AM »

Thank you gentlemen for all your help. It's very much appreciated.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length