Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24, 14, 06:31PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Related Systems
| |-+  Fire Alarm Systems
| | |-+  Notifier Lost Password
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Notifier Lost Password  (Read 3970 times)
Firequench

« on: Feb 26, 10, 07:40PM »

Hello everyone,

Can anyone help to enter programming mode on addressable Notifier panel if I provide serial number or/and model of the panel? It's acceptable if I have to pay for your time. Thanks.
firealarmguy

« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 10, 01:50PM »

Id like to know what the default password is as well, i have four systems that i currently service that my customers want stuff changed and i am not able to do it.  They were put in by my competitor and he went out of business so now im left with all of his panels. 
Firequench

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 10, 06:11PM »

Defaults are 00000 and 11111
firealarmguy

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 10, 09:47AM »

and if that password has been changed by him, is there anyway to get into the panel without resetting the whole system and clearning everything?
jabrunjes

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 11, 04:02PM »

The model of the panel is important.  But the other way to get you code is contact a distributor and fill out the access form.  they will fax it in to notifier and then notifier will send your code back.

Let me know the model of the panel and I'll see if I can help
rcifire
Security Professional

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 11, 04:12PM »

I am sure DEL will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Notifier has a "password of the day" feature.

When you enter an incorrect password, the system gives you a code.  Tomorrow, that code will be different.  The only way to get the "password of the day", is to, as mentioned above, find a friendly local distributor, get your customer to request the password release on the proper form.  Then the distributor rep. will come to the site, get the code and be able to get the "password of the day" from the factory Notifier tech support personnel.

The key here is that I believe they will ONLY do this with an authorized factory trained tech/distributor.

Good Luck!
DEL Installations
Tech Advisor/Moderator

Low Voltage Systems Integrator

« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 11, 05:46PM »

Legally, the code has to be provided or made known.

You will need to deal with a Notifier distributor or certified company in order to get support first and foremost, irregardless of if the installing company folded.

The panel will come up with a 16 character code which would need to be supplied along with appropriate paperwork from the property owner and servicing distributor regarding the system and property and then Notifier will provide a code to access the system. The Notifier techs/support have nothing to do with this code.

They will not provide this info to non-trained or certified people, no matter the background.

Electronics usually don't work as intended once the magic smoke is released from them

I'd like to be called sir at least once without being followed with "you're making a scene"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length