Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 16, 14, 12:01PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  ITI and GE Technical Questions
| | |-+  GE Concord Express
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GE Concord Express  (Read 6064 times)
crosscheck

« on: Mar 03, 10, 07:52PM »

I have a GE Concord Express system that is about four years old and has work flawlessly up until about two weeks ago.All the sensors are wireless, there are no hard wired contacts. A couple of weeks ago I heard some beepeing with the system unarmed. By the time I got to the panel to check status the problem had resolved itself. Since then in the middle of the night ( again in the "unarmed" state ), there were what I think were four beeps of one tone, by the time i got out of bed to check the panel it was beeping a different tone and the display read "BUS ERROR". I called my alarm company and asked what "BUS ERROR" meant since it's only a referance in the troubleshooting portion of the user manual is that you could have this troble e-mailed or text to you if that feature was enabled. The problem did correct itself for about four days again, but has reocurred and is in that condition now. I have changed the A/C power supply and the battery, but no success.

Does anybody know what this might be?

Thanks in advance,

jm
ABLE1
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 10, 08:21PM »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

The BUS reference has to do with the communication bus wiring to the keypad and other devices on that wiring.

You might want to have your dealer move the keypad to panel and connect directly to the terminals for a while and see if the problem continues.  If it does continue it is not the wire and may be the keypad.

If it stops then the problem may be a bad wire and it would need replaced.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!!

ABLE1

Always looking up!!
crosscheck

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 10, 09:51PM »

That provoked an immediate positive response. However now when I press "STATUS" I get "CPU LOW BATTERY". Soooo. I'm thinking that since I plugged in the new battery yesterday the display ran on battery until it ran it down which must mean the "positive" might be the conductor that bad? What do you think?

jm
ABLE1
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 10, 06:16AM »

First you need a meter to check the voltages.  The AC input voltage from the transformer, the charging voltage, and the battery voltage.

Sounds like one of them may be wrong.

And yes, could be a short in the wiring.

Good Luck,

ABLE1

Always looking up!!
crosscheck

« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 10, 09:33PM »

Thanks so much for your help!

Checked continuity and found one conductor to be bad. I pulled in new wire and everything is back to normal, fully funtional.It's not usually my luck to have the least expensive component go bad.

Keep up the good work,

jm
ABLE1
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 10, 09:59PM »

Good job, congrats!!!

ABLE1

Always looking up!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length