Hello Experts, I need your help. I have been trying to install an ADC-V510 camera on my network and a|arm.c0m has been unable to detect it. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with someone from a|arm.c0m who, in the end, sent me a new camera. Unfortunately, I am having the same issues. I have tried more than one router so I think it may not be a router problem.
I have a motorola surfboard and cable internet through comcast.
1. I connect the computer to the router
2. I connect the camera (without power) to the router
3. I plug the camera in, lights blink orange, after about 90 seconds light is solid green indicating that it is connected to the network router
4. I log into my a|arm.c0m account
5. I go to a|arm.c0m/addcamera and click "find cameras"
6. I get message: "No cameras pending installation found for your IP address. Please reload the page to try again."
7. I click on the "here" in : For more options finding your camera click here (Internet Explorer only).
8. I click find camera in a new window -- 2 minutes pass...
9. "Automatic Camera Detection process was unable to find your camera on the network."
10. I click on "here" in message: Click here to find your camera if you cannot disable the Windows Firewall. (even though all firewalls are diabled)
11. I am asked to input MAC address and IP for the camera. These I find by through my Linksys router (either an RTP300 or a Lynksys wireless router) in "DHCP clients table"
12. I input values and click "find camera"
13. I get a table:
Name MAC IP Address Port Model Status
New ADC Camera 0002D10AA9FF 192.168.15.102 80 N/A Unsupported
Is there any way I can configure this thing manually? Am I doing something wrong?