Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 21, 14, 04:57AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  General Technical Questions
| | |-+  Yard signs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Yard signs  (Read 1802 times)
red123

« on: Sep 24, 06, 08:23AM »

I am getting hooked up to a monitoring company but I don't think they provide yard signs.

What is a good type of yard sign to get and where do you get them?

Thanks
SCT
Security Professional

Security Junkie

« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 06, 01:20PM »

There are some online DIY security companies that sell yard signs/stickers.

You can also try e-bay, you can find A*T, Br1nks, protec1ion 0ne, and all the big alarm companies yard signs on there.
xian

Damage Control

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 06, 07:43PM »

bleh,  a sign is a sign is a sign, as long as it's visible.

Personally, I'd probably never put one on my own home honestly...But I'm a masochist like that.

But if you want/need one, just look around.  Identifying that you're protected can be just enough to scare off the "would be" robber.
SCT
Security Professional

Security Junkie

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 06, 08:12PM »

Not necessarily. A blatantly, fake, generic sign like the ones you see that say "protected by an electronic security system" or something rather do no good to an experienced thief. That's usually a tip-off that there's no alarm installed.

Generally people identify with name brands. That's why name brands do so well. Usually a well known companies sign does more good than harm to keep someone out. The amatuer thiefs will move on, the only ones that won't are those determined to get in and will do so at all costs.
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 06, 08:15PM by SCT » Logged
travis5218
Security Professional

7+ Years In The Biz

« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 06, 09:35PM »

Like Kyle said if someone wants in bad enough they are going to come on in and do there dead reguardless of what sirens go off or who is called. I did see a report sometime ago though that studies showed a home with "known named" signs was less likely to be targeted.

Its kinda like the red flashing LED in car alarms...no one knows its there unless you tell them. :-)

Fire Alarm - Access Control - Intercom - Burglar Alarm - CCTV
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length