Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 18, 14, 01:30PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Napco Technical Questions
| | |-+  napco ma 1008e version 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: napco ma 1008e version 2  (Read 3594 times)
salmonbass

« on: Apr 17, 10, 06:31PM »

moved into new house with napco 1008e,no codes.went online ordered new panel .came with a RP 1054e keypad,same as the ones I have already.powered up and the status lite is flashing once per second. when I put my user code,a"p" comes up no zone codes,try to reset using 9 but will not work have to put my user code in to stop.I didn't program.I only changed the user 1 pass word.I'm using the default program from the factory.this thing is driving me nuts.
Ok Alarm Guy
Security Professional

Fail-Safe Security

« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 10, 06:49PM »

"P" means trouble m8, check that the fire zone has its resistor (diagram in panel cover will help greatly for using your multi meter to check resistance value and terminals). Also check your battery, charging circuit and xfmr voltage. See if this helps  Smiley

Take pride in your work and do it right the first time and you shall prevail in this industry.
salmonbass

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 10, 07:39PM »

still not working.thanks for the very fast reply

Edit:

If I bypass all 7 zones green light go's steady.I can arm but I have to bypass all the zones but fire,I think.I'm not a pro,Just trying to save some money.By doing it myself,but I'm thinking I'm going to have to call a pro.to do it.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 10, 07:12AM by admin » Logged
mikealarm
Tech Advisor/Moderator

42 years as a tech, Worked for Napco & Alarmnet

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 10, 09:08PM »

Hold the # 3 button in to see what zone # comes up, whatever comes up is your problem.
salmonbass

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 10, 10:24PM »

I pushed #3 and zones 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 7 came up.I'm not sure what to do now.Any help would be great  Undecided
mikealarm
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 10, 02:30PM »

All those zones are opened, did you wire in the new panel with the wires
from the old one?
salmonbass

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 10, 09:12PM »

Yes, I did.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 10, 09:16PM by salmonbass » Logged
mikealarm
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 10, 12:01AM »

If you have the resistors on each zone and  your windows & doors are closed, then you are going to have to use an ohm meter to to see if the circuits are closed, try just putting a resistor on one zone to see if it does not show up on the keypad.
salmonbass

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 10, 12:24AM »

Tryed to find end of the line,on an easy zone .thouht I found it, but still showing bad.I don't know what you mean by using an ohm meter to see if the circuits are closed.I have an ohm meter but where do I start if I can't find the end of the line on a zone.
mikealarm
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 10, 03:55PM »

Tryed to find end of the line,on an easy zone .thouht I found it, but still showing bad.I don't know what you mean by using an ohm meter to see if the circuits are closed.I have an ohm meter but where do I start if I can't find the end of the line on a zone.

On the panel, take all the wires off of terminals 13 & 14 which is zone 1, then take one of the circuit resistors from any zone, with no wires on it, & put it across terminals 13 & 14, then see if zone 1 comes up on the keypad when you hold down # 3.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 10, 03:57PM by mikealarm » Logged
salmonbass

« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 10, 07:35PM »

No, it didn't come up when I hold #3.
mikealarm
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 10, 02:12PM »

No, it didn't come up when I hold #3.

Then all those zones that comes up when you hold down # 3 is  a problem,
make sure all the doors & windows are closed, all the wiring is correct & the resistors are wired properly, the last step is to use an OHM meter on the circuits.
salmonbass

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 10, 10:03PM »

I got another window switch that's normally closed,put it on zone one with a resistor and when I took the magnet off that zone it didn't show when I push #3.So do I need to get new switchs that are normally open.all the wiring is good,all the resistors are wired properly I think,one resistor at each end of the line.not sure if the resistors wired right .
mikealarm
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 10, 11:42AM »

I got another window switch that's normally closed,put it on zone one with a resistor and when I took the magnet off that zone it didn't show when I push #3.So do I need to get new switchs that are normally open.all the wiring is good,all the resistors are wired properly I think,one resistor at each end of the line.not sure if the resistors wired right .
Did'nt you replace the panel? If the switch's worked with the first panel  they should work with the new panel.
salmonbass

« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 10, 12:49PM »

Yes, I put a new panel in.I tryed the switch on all zones works fine.Do you think  the old panel was programed for closed switches or do they come form the factory that way ?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length