I'm a new home-owner and have had no prior experience with home alarm systems. The home I moved into has a Networx Series NX-148E LCD keypad which I left to "chime" whenever a protected zone entry-way (door, window...etc) was opened.
A week ago, the keypad displayed a service message which indicated "Control Power Trouble" (description states "the main power to your system is not on". Initially I thought it was referring to the battery (a 12v lead-acid rechargeable battery) which I disconnected from a red + and a black - wire leading into the battery. When I did this, the LCD keypad completely shutoff. Plugging the battery back in did not change anything -- the system remained off.
I figured the battery was dead so I ordered a new one of the same type. Once I got the replacement yesterday, I plugged it in and still no power to the system. Today I shut off all the breakers at my transformer after disconnecting the battery, waited a few minutes, then put the AC power back on and then plugged in the battery. There is still no power to my alarm system. Anyone have any ideas???