Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 19, 14, 10:28PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Caddx Technical Questions
| | |-+  Networx Series NX-148E Has No Power
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Networx Series NX-148E Has No Power  (Read 2023 times)
agoodman82

« on: Jul 01, 10, 07:09PM »

Hi all,

I'm a new home-owner and have had no prior experience with home alarm systems. The home I moved into has a Networx Series NX-148E LCD keypad which I left to "chime" whenever a protected zone entry-way (door, window...etc) was opened.

A week ago, the keypad displayed a service message which indicated "Control Power Trouble" (description states "the main power to your system is not on". Initially I thought it was referring to the battery (a 12v lead-acid rechargeable battery) which I disconnected from a red + and a black - wire leading into the battery. When I did this, the LCD keypad completely shutoff. Plugging the battery back in did not change anything -- the system remained off.

I figured the battery was dead so I ordered a new one of the same type. Once I got the replacement yesterday, I plugged it in and still no power to the system. Today I shut off all the breakers at my transformer after disconnecting the battery, waited a few minutes, then put the AC power back on and then plugged in the battery. There is still no power to my alarm system. Anyone have any ideas???
ABLE1
Tech Advisor/Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 10, 07:40PM »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

From your description it would seem that the panel is not getting AC voltage.

To verify you will need a Volt Meter.  You should have at least 16.5vac at the terminals marked AC.

If you don't have or know how to use a Volt Meter you may want to contact a local alarm dealer.

Good Luck

ABLE1

Always looking up!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length