Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 14, 11:10AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum
|-+  Technical Support
| |-+  Ademco Technical Questions
| | |-+  How to find / reset authorized user code in Ademco 6270
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How to find / reset authorized user code in Ademco 6270  (Read 5267 times)
Security101
Tech Advisor/Moderator

Old Alarm Guy Honeywell Ademco Compass

« Reply #15 on: Nov 10, 10, 09:23PM »

Below is what I was typing when you just posted - may still want to try it - definatly only connect 1 AUI at a time and let it get operational first.

And *189 is not where you program keypads on a 128, its in *93

What Alarmtech said exactly...

Then (after disconnecting everything from the bus) reconnect the 6160 only.

Reboot

Address 6160 to 00 (it will remain on this address from now on)

Get into programming

Go to *93 - press 0 repeatedly until you see Device programming. Enable 00 as a type 01 (if prompted give it AUI no, partition #1, sound 00, global enter 1).

Enable 01-03 as type 01, AUI yes, partitions as needed, no global.

Exit programming

De-power

Connect 1st AUI (addressed as 01 hopefully)

Repower

After panel resets (6160 acts normal) (don't worry about troubles/checks/faults) master code and off couple times on the 6160. From no on you will use this as your programmer.

Watch AUI - it should load and act normal, address it to 01). Once it stabilizes, it should be good. If not remove it from the buss.

If it was OK, add the second AUI (address 02), follow the above. If it works leave it, if not remove it.

Same with 03

At this point the 6160 and all three AUI's should be active or you have found a bad one.

If so, start reconnecting each additional buss device one at a time (skipping 04 unless its a 4285/86- start with 05 and up), making sure their address is enabled in *93 and the device's physical address corresponds - very important you're accurate here.

If, when you connect a device, anything else changes - assume there may be an issue with that device. It's always best to try a code and off on the 6160 - twice - after connecting the next device - if the keypad freezes you have an address conflict - easy test!

Let us know how your coming along.

Jim
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 10, 10:51PM by Security101 » Logged

"It's a good time for BadGuys, and a bad time for GoodGuys" (Me)

Perseverance:  "Continuing in a course of action without regard to discouragement, opposition, or previous failure" (Will Smith)
asinghji
Newbie.

« Reply #16 on: Nov 11, 10, 10:38AM »

Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot for taking time to give such detailed reply. I only have wiring / connections for 2 keypads in my home, and as if yesterday both are working fine (i.e. one 6160 on main floor and one 6270 on 2nd floor). So I guess we have solved this issue for now.

Many regards
Security101
Tech Advisor/Moderator

Old Alarm Guy Honeywell Ademco Compass

« Reply #17 on: Nov 11, 10, 06:38PM »

Happy to help...

Jim

"It's a good time for BadGuys, and a bad time for GoodGuys" (Me)

Perseverance:  "Continuing in a course of action without regard to discouragement, opposition, or previous failure" (Will Smith)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length