The DIY Alarm Forum cares about its member's privacy. The following describes the limited information gathered by the forum's software and the use thereof:
- Your Email address is required upon registration. We have configured the forum such that your Email address is not displayed; however, for additional privacy, we recommend that you select the option in your Profile to "Hide" your Email Address.
- Please note that your IP address is recorded when you post, this is necessary for the effective administration of the forum.
- Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
- This limited information is not used for any purpose other than described above. The forum does not share, rent or sell any information to third parties.
This information may be released under the following circumstances:
- We believe it necessary to share the information in connection with the investigation or prevention of illegal activities, fraud or in matters related to the safety of any person or persons.
- In compliance with lawful subpoenas, court orders.
- As may be necessary to exercise our legal rights in connection with our defense of any legal actions or claims.